We are a term-time nursery operating across Autumn, Spring and Summer terms. Our hours are flexible and we offer the option of a Morning Session, Afternoon Session or All Day Session
|SESSION||PolkaDots @Athlone||PolkaDots @Cresswood|
At PolkaDots, we believe it’s important for children to build a secure relationship with staff and feel happy and safe in our environment. To do this, we ask children to attend a minimum of three sessions a week.
“My son (2 ½ years-old) absolutely loves it here! From the start he has been made to feel comfortable and welcome. They slowly transitioned him into nursery life which benefited both him and us as parents. Since being at nursery his areas of learning have all rapidly grown! His speech, socialization, and physical development. PolkaDots really helped with all of this!”
Charlie Fulton, May 2021
Google Review 5 stars
Interested in a place at PolkaDots?
Start the process of applying for a place at PolkaDots for your child now by downloading an application form
Invoices are sent out at the beginning of each month or term, and we are happy to discuss a flexible payment system or finance plan
|Session Rates||2 year-olds||3&4 year-olds|
|All Day Session||£55||£50|
Although we are a private nursery we do have a limited availability for
- Free 2 year-old government funded places (up to 15 hours per week)
- Free 3 & 4 year-old government funded places (up to 15 hours per week)
The initial 15 hours of universal funding for 3&4 year-olds can be topped up through
- 3 & 4 year-old working parents government funding (providing an extra 15 hours for up to 30 hours per week)
- The Camden Enhanced scheme for early education (an extra 15 hours for up to 30 hours a week for some 3 & 4 year-olds)
- Work based vouchers – if necessary we can register with most company schemes
Hours over and above the initial government funded 15 hours will be charged at
- £9 p/hour for 3&4 year-olds
- £10 p/hour for 2 year-olds
A discounted rate is available for siblings
PolkaDots provides an Enhanced Curriculum through additional activities that are outside of the National Curriculum. These include yoga, dance, cooking club, Makaton ‘sing & sign’ sessions, movement & play and music sessions. To allow us to offer these activities there is an additional cost of £2 per week for children funded by government schemes.
All 3 & 4 year-olds in London can claim at least 15 hours of childcare per week – completely free!!
Find out what funding your child is entitled to by visiting https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Have a peek inside PolkaDots Nurseries!
Admissions & Enrolment
Children can attend Morning Sessions, Afternoon Sessions or Full Day Sessions, subject to availability. Morning or Afternoon Session children must attend a minimum of 3 weekly sessions and preferably a full five sessions a week. Full & part-time schedules are fixed at the beginning of each term, subject to availability, as places per session are limited.
- On enquiry, a tour of the nursery will be offered to parents and an enrolment form given to prospective parents for completion
- An enrolment fee of £30 must be paid when submitting the enrolment form to secure a place for your child. This is non refundable
- On receipt of the completed enrolment form and £30 enrolment fee, an offer of a place will be confirmed. Your child’s name will be added to our entry list for the agreed designated starting date
- Near the time of your child’s entry to nursery, we will arrange with you: a home visit; two play visits; a starting date. A Welcome Pack is given to parents and children at the home visit. The registration forms and necessary paperwork will be completed with you then and a member of the PolkaDots staff team will guide you through our settling in period for your child
- Parents are required to give, in writing, a month’s notice of their intention to remove any child from the nursery. In default of such written notice, an amount equivalent to one month’s fees will be payable
- It is our intention to make our nursery accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community
Get in touch with us to book a tour!
Cresswood Hall, Gillies Street
London NW5 4DP
Athlone Hall, Athlone Street
London NW5 4LS