Easy-Peasy Make Your Own Playdough
We’ve got a playdough recipe you can make at home and inspiration for lots of fun ideas to try…
Here’s a simple recipe from the lovely people at The Imagination Tree. There’s zero cooking and minimal prep – in fact, you can make it in 5 minutes flat!
What you’ll need…
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 to 1.5 cups boiling water
- gel food colouring
How to make no-cook playdough…
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add food colouring to the boiling water
- Add the boiling water to the dry ingredients, little by little
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky dough
- Allow to cool, then take out of the bowl to knead vigorously for a couple of minutes until all the stickiness has gone
- If it’s still a little sticky just add a bit more flour
Why not try… The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
A PolkaDots favourite, the Very Hungry Caterpillar has lots of playdough possibilities! The Imagination Tree website gave us ideas for playdough storytelling.
You can try making 1 apple, 2 pears, 3 plums… How many of the caterpillar’s vegetables can you make from playdough at home?
And once you’ve made all those tasty vegetables, you’ll have to make a very Very Hungry caterpillar to eat them all!