Uncategorized

How happy is your child at Polkadots?

Polkadots nursery Kentish Town Logo

Parent/Carer Survey 2019-20


The results are in – and the response has been overwhelmingly positive!!!


“Staff are kind and friendly and Alyssa loves coming here. Would not have her anywhere else”

Amanda H.

To help Polkadots keep improving, we surveyed parents and carers to find out whether Polkadots was nurturing their child in a safe and stimulating environment.

We asked questions covering 14 areas – like “Is my child making enough progress at this nursery?” and “Is Polkadots led and managed effectively by the management team?” – then asked parents to answer in one of four ways: Strongly Agree, Agree, Disagree, and Strongly Disagree.


87% of responses Strongly Agreed! And the remaining 13% all Agreed too!!


It’s great to know our parents think Polkadots nursery is educating, nurturing and inspiring their children as well as communicating well about their progress and keeping them safe.


The survey made it clear that Polkadots’ shining feature is our excellent staff!


71% of parents told us our team was the thing they and their children loved most about the nursery. Other things our parents loved include our activities (like cooking, dance lessons and yoga class), our clean and safe settings, and the happy environment at Polkadots.

“Arabella is really happy and loves nursery. She has come out a lot in herself and is learning new things every day”

Danielle B.

2 out of 3 parents said they couldn’t think of any way to improve our nursery…!


Two parents said their children love Polkadots so much, they want to be in our nursery from even earlier in the day!! We can’t do that just yet – our excellent team of staff have their own children to wake up and get ready for school – but we’re always listening for ways we can make Polkadots better for all our children.

For example, one parent suggested technology was an area we could improve in. So we’ve responded – now we’re giving parents detailed guidelines on how to use our Tapestry app during our settling meetings.

Another suggestion we received was a parent get together. Sadly, we can’t do this with current Covid restrictions. But in the future, is this something you’d be interested in? Get in touch and let us know what you think

Thanks to everyone who took part in our survey! This year, we’ll do our best to maintain our high standards and keep nurturing and inspiring children at Polkadots!!


“The staff are amazing and have been so supportive… communication between nursery and home is excellent. Joe has thoroughly enjoyed his time at Polkadots and will miss everyone so much. The progress he has made is great and all thanks to the excellent staff. We can’t thank you all enough.”

Emma F.

  • Summer Newsletters
    We say a big thank you to our PolkaDots community for all the extra effort that’s gone in to keeping our nurseries open this year. We also have some lovely photos from our Graduation Ceremony and a fun summer holiday activity!
  • May Newsletters!
    Dates for our Graduation Ceremony and the Teddy Bears Picnic, info on help for fussy eaters, plus a fun activity to practice tooth brushing at home…
  • Spring Home Activities
    We’ve gathered suggestions of songs and fun activities for you to keep your child learning at home with this term’s topic – WEATHER!
  • Easter Newsletters!
    It’s a birthday special this month as PolkaDots celebrates turning 7 years-old!! We have stories from World Book Day, ideas for snack time and summer term dates for your diary…

Please leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.